Effective 1 December 2013, new terms and conditions for Chilean domain names (.CL) will come into force, with provisional arrangements for new .CL registrations commencing 1 November.
The new rules are as follows:
- as of 1 December, every .CL domain name that has been registered but not paid for will be deleted
- the deleted domain names will become available for registration by the first applicant
- any disputes arising from new domain registrations or deletions will be handled and resolved in accordance with the new .CL domain name dispute resolution policy
- all domain disputes initiated prior to 1 December shall be resolved in accordance with the old terms and conditions
- as of 1 December 2013, transfers of .CL will no longer be available and new procedures concerning the change of domain holder will be in force; transfers initiated before that date shall be handled in accordance with the criteria provided at the time of the initiation of the procedure
- new .CL domain registrations shall only be allowed a single e-mail address for the administrative contact; this address shall be used in the transfer of domain names procedure in the future user accounts system.